Link Respond Flow with your Zapier account to automatically add contacts, send messages, and more
In this article, we will go over how to integrate your Respond Flow account with Zapier. Afterward, we will be able to automatically send a text when a customer is added to your CRM and more! *Make sure you have a Zapier account before getting started*
Your desired outcome will dictate how the Zap is going to be setup. For the purpose of this tutorial, I will be demonstrating how to automate a sale with text-messaging using Zapier and Respond Flow together.
1. Begin by linking up your CRM into the first step of the Zap. This is where the contact info will come from for sending out the text-message.
2. Sign in to your CRM account and then choose the properties you would like imported into Respond Flow. (I am using Hubspot, this process is almost identical for every CRM, except for the name of the properties. Keep this in mind if your screen is looks different than mine).
3. Hubspot will then prompt you to test the "trigger" and make sure your data is aligned. If it's not working, create a contact in your CRM, then try again. If the Zap is detecting the contact creation your screen will look like this:
4. The first step of your Zap is now complete!! The next stop will be adding Respond Flow into this process! Click the "+" to continue and add the App. You will need your account ID for this step of the process. Please refer to this article or email email@example.com if you have trouble locating it.
5. The next step will involve determining the trigger event for Respond Flow. For this tutorial, we will use "create or update contact". This will allow us to drop the contact straight into a text message campaign.
6. Now that we have decided on what the Zap is going to accomplish the next step will be linking our account, mapping the zap, and then testing the ZAP. Sign in to your RF account to proceed to the next step!
7. Awesome! Your Respond Flow account is now linked directly with this Zapier workflow. We can now choose what to import from Hubspot. This next step is crucial so be sure to reference the images if you are lost. **(It may look different with Salesforce or another CRM but this process is the exact same regardless of CRM)**
Respond Flow requires: FIRST NAME & PHONE NUMBER to add a contact
8. Once the fields have been correctly mapped your zap is ready to be turned on! It will prompt you to test it first. Once the test is successful, you are good to go!
Important: Check out our guide on Flows if you need help building your campaign. Once a zap like this has been created, you are able to drop customers into lists. Those lists can have automatic messaging campaigns. These campaigns are created under the FLOWS tab!!!