In this article we go over the step-by-step way to sign up for Respond Flow. The signup process currently has a bug due to Twilio that often causes signup failure.
If you have questions about why our signup process requires these steps, visit our Commonly Asked Signup Questions article.
Step 1) Sign up for Twilio
- Go to https://www.twilio.com/try-twilio
- Create your account and verify your email address and phone number if necessary.
- Once you’ve created the account, you should land on a page that asks “Do you write code?”
- Click no, and you should see a button pop up in the bottom right that takes you to your Twilio Dashboard. Don’t log out or quit this window.
Step 2) Connect Twilio to Respond Flow
- In a new tab, go to https://app.respondflow.com/user/register/connect
- Click the red Connect button (shown below)
- You’ll then be brought to this page (shown below), where you’ll enter your card information for Twilio. They will take $20 off of your card and add it to your Twilio wallet. Twilio will subtract $1.00 for your number, and $0.0075 from your wallet each time you send a text.
- Once you put in your payment information, click "Authorize"
Step 3) Sign Up for Respond Flow
- Once you hit authorize, you should be redirected to the page shown below.
- Fill out the form, including credit card information. The reason you need to enter your card again is because, at this point, you’ve only set up billing for Twilio, not Respond Flow.
- Make sure you enter the phone number that you would like calls forwarded to.
*CONTINUE READING BEFORE HITTING REGISTER*
From here, you can either use the failsafe option below, or you can click register and see if it goes through. If an error pops up that says “Have you authenticated with Twilio?” in the top right corner, click the register button, then the connect button and try again. Sometimes it won’t go through the first time you try, but it will always work on the second or 3rd try as long as you are still logged into Twilio. If you’re still having difficulties, try the failsafe option below.
- Before you hit register, right-click your screen and click inspect or hit Option-Command-C. This will open the inspect tab.
Click on the Network Tab in the top right
Click the blue Register button on the signup page. If nothing red pops up on the tab, you’re good to go! Make sure you log in with your email address.
If something red pops up in the network tab (see below), click on it.
Click Headers and scroll all the way down.
Click the down arrow to the left of “user:”
Copy everything under Request Payload.
Click on the chat bubble in the bottom right of the screen and start a new conversation.
Paste the information you copied and we’ll get you set up on the back end!